About Me

My photo
I am a 38 year old married woman with one 8 year old son. I have worked retail for 14 years and love what I do and the life I am living

Monday, December 13, 2010

Being a Mother.....What a life it can be.

I was laying in my bed with my husband last night and we heard a knock on the door at 2am. It was our eight year old son Logan saying he was having a stomach ache. He spent the next 4 hours with frequent trips to the restroom.  Throughout the night I was up and down making sure he was doing OK, drinking plenty of fluids and changing his sheets.  I had to get up to go to work this morning and realized at 7:30am that Logan would not be able to go to school.  I have never been apart from Logan anytime that he has been sick, so I called work to see if I could change my schedule to be here for him.  Things worked out very well, because I work a job that even though it's holiday and the busiest season of the year for retail, they understand that family comes first.  Thanks Gap Inc for being supportive in the needs of your staff. 

Logan is feeling much better and is now able to hold down dry toast and drink a cup of hot chicken broth. I see him able to attend school tomorrow.  First missed day of the entire year.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment