About Me

My photo
I am a 38 year old married woman with one 8 year old son. I have worked retail for 14 years and love what I do and the life I am living

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Six months Out!!!

December 2011
January 2012
Well it's been 6 months since surgery and things have been getting better. I have had my six month appointment with my doctor and I am now at 250 pounds.  I'm excited 85 pounds I have lost since my decision to change my life, it has been an interesting journey and I'm only a year out since my original decision.

Now I'm focused on continue to lose the weight and controlling what I'm eating.  I think the hardest part has been fitting exercise into my daily routine and a couple of other medical things that have come up.  I still will never regret my decision and will continue to work hard on getting to that healthy body size that I have always wanted to be.

This decision has also help me be an inspiration  to some friends who have been struggling with weight and find my story helpful.   I also want to thank all the friends and family who have continue to be their and continue to support me in my life changes.  I will check in later and let you know how I'm doing. My next goal is to be at 200 pound in three months when I go back to see my doctor.  I know I can do it, even though the weight is coming off slower now, I will continue to push toward my goal.  Talk soon!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Monie, so proud of you! Take a lot of courage to do this and I truly appreciate you blogging about it.........How exciting! I still hold on the feeling of getting in the car and fastening the seat belt with no struggle and it was an Ah Ha moment, another was crossing my legs with no concious thought and my biggest was climbing the ladder to change light bulbs in Lane Bryant and how I just glided up with no stop for breath! I hold on to these thoughts so I will make the decision to loose my weight and feel that again. Reading about you and your journey is encouraging to me, thank you!
    Love ya
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise, I will continue to share my story. Things will get easier for you when you finally make that decision. I have faith in your strength to make it happen. Keep going strong, Lisee you are inspiration for me to keep going.

      Delete
  2. U so inspire me to want to get this weight off it has held me back oh too many times.. Plz keep pushing and inspiring! Haven't seen a update from u in awhile would love to knw how u are doing. Many blessings to you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support, I have posted an update check it out.

      Delete